Monday 26 January 2015

Peom II - Appraisal

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I apologize for the late wish, 25 days late. Anyway, I just want to share this poem that I typed on the 12th of December 2013. I typed it down because I felt the need to express myself on how I hate praises & compliments that are directed towards me. 

Hear ye, hear ye,
For this is not a fictional story,
So listen well, I’m not being funny.
Something I wrote – hope it’s not corny,

I hope this poem doesn't end up like this guy's grocery list.

I’m not trying to pat my own back,
So please, don’t call me a hack,
Stories spread, rumors set,
Something about me – a diligent brat.

"You're so hardworking!" Go f---ed yourselves

With my eyes I see, with my ears I hear,
Honest compliments, from different peers,
Hardworking, am not, normal, I am,
Last minute study, whatever I can cram.

Sarah here ended up being as a stripper 10 years later.

Under the hood, your intentions are good,
Sorry people, I don’t mean to brood,
Underneath this mask is another façade,
Even to my closest ones, I’m still a fraud.

Unfortunately it's not this mask

Raising my ego cripples my motto,
A dark road ahead, I don’t intend to follow,
So please, I’m on a mission from my parents,
Succeeding my life is a huge essence.

And  to prevent myself from ending up homeless.

See, I'm grateful to have friends & families that are always there to help me but that's all I need - them to be there when I need them. I don't need them to pat me on the back & tell me how good I'm doing because this thing will raise my confidence & sadly so does my ego.

And eventually,  either one or all of these 3 outcomes will occur:
  1. I'll end up as an arrogant douchebag.
  2. I'll have the assumption that a lot of people are depending on me & I'll end up stressing myself of not wanting to disappoint them.
  3. All of the above.
It doesn't matter which option I ended up as - both feelings suck! Some may say that I'm overreacting & should calm the f*** down. Sure, I can do that, but not before you try putting on my shoes & see how I see the word from my point of view.

Too late
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have these kind of people to praise & appreciate me for me efforts but hey, maybe some people love to masturbate to photos of unicorns too, right? I wouldn't know about the last half of that sentence but I'm damn sure that I'm the kind of person who loves subtlety in life.

Remember when Kronk worked desperately hard to get a "thumbs up" from his dad? Yea, maybe that's all I need: a thumbs up or a simple thank you. No need to be grand about it.

*all images belong to their respective owners*

No comments:

Post a Comment