Thursday 25 December 2014

Poem I - Those Drunk Bastards

I don't know why, but at times, I have a knack for typing down "poems" - they're more Dr Seuss' nursery rhymes if he's on acid or any other hallucinogen - at arbitrary moments. I'm not trying to gloat because they're not that good anyway, but I hate to see them forgotten in time, & since I've spent a reasonable amount of time typing them, I might as well share it with others.

My first ever so-called poem was written to describe one particular night of August 2013, where I was driving my car with my mom beside me & we had almost hit some a-holes who were walking in the middle of the road.



Twas a time of Friday night,
Driving I was and mother by my side,
Five silhouette figures abruptly were on sight,
On the middle of the road that was ever so bright.


“Bloody Hell!,” I yelled, I gasped, I cried,
Honking my horn with a full-blown might,
Middle finger was raised with an utmost pride,
One yelled ‘WHOI!!!” provoking a fight.


Clearly rude, drunk and unimpressed,
A good excuse for booze and protest,
They’re not poor or shabbily dressed,
Back from a drinking party, a so-called success.


Rolling down the window while the car’s still revving,
Yelling, “Mother******, watch where you’re going!!!”
Temperature’s rising, anger’s fueling, heart’s burning,
She patiently said, “Enough. Just keep on moving.”



I observed my mother’s facial expression,
A strong emotion of sad and disappointment,
It wasn’t with the community in the godforsaken island,
It was me, my action and my appalling aggression.
The same reaction that most guys would give after jacking off


I still don't know what drove me (pun intented) to type this down. I mean, I could've played some video games, listened to some songs, written sentence or two on Facebook, or whatever keeps a man calm (I still regret not hitting one of them with my car). Well, at least I channelled that anger & hatred into something aesthetic & I'm damn sure as hell am satisfied & proud of myself.

If only it transforms me into this guy.

*all images belong to their respective owners*

No comments:

Post a Comment